As a multi-service access device, the MA5818 supports ultra-broadband access and flexible capacity expansion. It provides G.fast, SuperVector, Vectoring, VDSL2, and POTS user ports and can be used in fiber to the building (FTTB) and fiber to the curb (FTTC) scenarios that demand high bandwidth access.
• Pioneers the use of G.fast and SuperVector, which are innovative high-bandwidth access technologies that use wider spectrums to meet high bandwidth requirements on copper lines.
• G.fast allows operators to define upstream and downstream rates, and use existing copper resources to support new services such as HD video, remote home surveillance, and city surveillance.Flexible Capacity Expansion
• Provides separate VP slots to support smooth capacity expansion.
• Adopts the innovative G.fast board-insertion design, enabling on-demand G.fast deployment.Fast deployment
• Maximizes the use of existing copper resources to meet future bandwidth demands and avoid the difficulty of routing fibers to homes.
• G.fast is compatible with VDSL2, allowing live-network users to be smoothly upgraded. Moreover, G.fast lines consume less power than VDSL2 lines.Easy Maintenance and Management
• Supports remote software commissioning, offline deployment, and plug and play (PnP).
• Supports remote fault locating, troubleshooting, and batch upgrade.
• Supports mature FTTx network management modes, and allows G.fast lines to be diagnosed and tested as xDSL lines.